WSC wsc13@chemometrics.ru

Online courses on chemometrics will be held on Monday, 28 February:

  • 9.30-11.30 Ivan Krylov. Basics of PARAFAC decomposition in fluorescence excitation-emission spectroscopy
  • 12.00-14.00 Prof. Yulia Monakhova. Independent components analysis (ICA) in practice: tips and tricks
  • 15.00-16.30 Prof. Dmitry Kirsanov . Multisensor systems’ data processing

All times are in Moscow time (GMT+3), see description of the courses for details. Admission fee 20 EUR (includes all the three lectures). Please register at https://online.mittech.ru/WSC13/en.

You can attend these courses separately from the the symposium sessions. Non-presenting participants are invited to attend the on-line part of the symposium for additional 20 EUR. The presentations will be streamed via Zoom. Technical details will be communicated later.

In view of the new wave of COVID-19, when many participants (including the invited speakers) cannot travel abroad, the Organising Committee has decided to hold the 13th Winter Symposium on Chemometrics in two stages:

  • Online-only meeting (28 February – 4 March, 2022).
  • Offline event in 2023.

Participants who have already paid the conference fee are offered three options:

  • Taking part in both events without any additional payment.
  • Taking part only in the online 2022 event for 10% of their conference fee. The rest (90%) will be refunded.
  • Cancelling their participation. The fee will be 100% refunded.

Poster contributors are encouraged to prepare a short oral presentation (5 minutes, 5-7 slides).

The offline event will be held in 2023 at park hotel “Vorobi”, located around 70 km off Moscow, the capital of Russia. See more details on Venue page. The official language of the conference is English. The exact date will be available later on this page.

WSC is very friendly to young scientists and those beginning to carve their way in data analysis. Traditional courses for PhD, master students, postdocs will take place on weekend, just before the symposium. The best poster and oral presentation of young scientists will be awarded.

The social and cultural program is what makes the symposium unique. Each conference day is concluded with the famous “Scores & Loadings” gathering where communication continues in a less formal manner. The excursions to the world's first Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, Museum of the History of Cosmonautics in Kaluga are planned.

As usual, we will also organise an introductory school "Introduction to Multivariate Data Analysis". The official language of the school is Russian. More details about the school coming later.

Presenters of selected works will be invited to contribute to the Special Issue of Journal of Chemometrics subject to conventional peer-review procedure.

Look forward to seeing you in Moscow in 2023 and at on-line sessions in 2022!